results of today’s stream!
Space Jam vs. Prince of Egypt
ok so i was looking at my notes, and tumblr just made it so we’re notified whenever someone answers our asks. well, i for one appreciate it. thank you tumblr. you did good. you did us good, and i’m so proud
PenguinReferences’ Character Exchange Project
Hello everybody! My name is Jassy and I run a reference blog called penguinreferences, where I collect references and resources for writing, cosplaying, drawing and - most importantly - character creation!
I love creating new characters and after I did a little project with a few friends of mine, I decided to expand it into a bigger event.
The Character Exchange Project is a project, centered around designing a character around a randomly selected theme and giving the design into the hands of another artist, who gives the character their final identity! This is not only meant as some kind of training to artists and storytellers, but also to bring together other artists to exchange more then just characters and ideas with one another.
HERE IS HOW IT WORKS:
- To enter this project, just have to sign up. All you have to do, is message me or send me a fanmail. The details I need to know, is your URL, your prefered name and your age. Feel free to also tell me a little about what you like to draw yourself, if you want to! :)
- The last date to sign up for the project is the 20th September. Since I’m organising this project on my own though, I might close the gates earlier, if I recieve more then 40 messages.
- By the 21st September, you’ll get aligned with another random person, who entered the project. Both of you will recieve a message from me, that’ll include the URL of your partner. But try to keep it for yourself to not spoil the surprise!
- The message will also include a random word. This word is your theme, that you need to create a character design around. You and your partner will both recieve the same theme.
- You are free to execute the theme the way you want and with the medium you are the most comfortable with (which includes writing). Just remember, that all you need to do, is a character’s design, not their personality, background ect., because that’ll lay in the hands of your partner.
- As soon as you have completed your character design, post it on your blog and tag it with your partner’s URL and the hastag #CharaExchangeProject
- When you have recieved your partner’s character design, it’s your time to go wild: Make an illustration with this character, write a biography or short-story or draw a comic, whatever it is you want to do, give the empty plate an identity! When you are done, share your work with your partner and the other project members.
- The project ends by the 16th of October (one month from now on). By then, everyone should have recieved their characters.
My message box is now open for sign-up! If you have any questions, feel free to ask me. Also, follow the hashtag #CharaExchangeProject, for I’ll surely post some more information on the project. I can’t wait to see you designs and ideas!
Take care and see you soon!
sunshine and rainbows
i have never understood people who think musicals are boring/lame. they get away with way more violence, sex, social commentary, and profanity than mainstream movies do, just because its all done onstage in song form
and thats amazing